The organization needs to work on specific areas for sustainability and success. The entrepreneurship and learning organization are mainly focused on the process of evolution to make the best working strategies. Creativity is the main lead in the development of innovative and best plans and strategies. The system develops through three main supports including the methodology, techniques, and tools (Carl Adams, 2003). For all the modifications in these three main supports, creativity is the key. The development of a creative culture in the organization will benefit in various ways. Creative thinking leads to the brainstorming of the individuals and the emergence of ideas that will lead the organization towards success.
Techniques are involved in the understanding of the problems and requirements in problem-solving. For addressing the existing problem in any system, a technique will be required. The creative problem solving (CPS) is an innovative and important technique. We have discussed the paradigm-breaking techniques under the CPS to illustrate the role of creativity in problem addressing and solving ideas and methods.
With the case study of Munchies Food Truck, all the ideas about the creative strategic aspect in establishing the entrepreneurship are also included in this assignment. The role of creativity will be discussed in detail to acknowledge its effect on the sustainability of entrepreneurship and for the creative problem-solving technique to have a better understanding of the importance of establishing creativity in an organization.
2. Critically evaluate the creative problems solving choices for the Munchiez Food Truck and how the key decisions will affect the organization’s learning? CL01
Creativity is the ultimate factor involved in the sustainability of an organization (Lozano, 2014). As a learning organization is in a continuous process of evolution and transformation, so creativity plays a basic role in a learning organization. A business organization faces a changing market environment with time. And these organizations cannot be sustained in the environment without incorporating innovation and creativity in the planning, processing, strategy, marketing, and problem-solving areas. Learning through creativity is an important support for the sustainable development of the organization. (Florian Kretschmer, 2018)
Similarly, Munchiez can also cop-up the current deficit situation through the incorporation of creativity in all the areas which are focused on the course learning outcomes like finance, management, marketing, etc. New and innovative food products could also be introduced on the menu.
An entrepreneur organization like Munchiez, is in a continuous phase of learning in its initial stages. Creativity is the basis for the success of such an organization as it is the key to the growth of business and services. For encouraging the creative behaviour in the Munchiez, it is important to encourage free-thinking and experimentation among individuals. Create an environment and forum for new ideas and creative thinking. Make the new and creative ideas the part of planning strategies in the organization. (Vaughn-Furlow, 2016)
According to a study held in a teaching hospital in 2019, the relationship between creativity and learning organization was determined through a survey. The results from the data collected through 224 questionnaires confirmed a strong relationship between the learning organization and creativity. I also showed that a learning organization has a creative staff and individuals. The individuals recognize their capabilities and strength during learning and make these abilities developed and strong. (Miri , et al., 2019)
The students working in the Munchiez also need some training sessions for implementing their learned ideas into practical form. And courses should be introduced to make the students aware of their hidden talent and abilities. So that they could develop them and contribute in the best way for the success of Munchiez.
Thus, creativity and innovations are important aspects of a learning organization like Munchiez to get success. And to empower the individuals to contribute to the success and betterment of the Munchiez in the best possible way.
3. Critically determine how paradigm-breaking creative problem-solving techniques can be used to address organizational challenges for enhancing forecasting and preparedness? CLO1& CLO3
As we have discussed that creativity plays its role in problem-solving in the organization for successful outcomes. For the sake of problem-solving, it is important to address the existing problem in the organization. Munchiez is going through different challenges, because of which it is facing a deficit. Paradigm breaking techniques involve the problem addressing through creativity. Creative problem solving (CPS) is also an essential part of the sustainability of an entrepreneur organization such as Munchiez.
But for creative problem solving through addressing the problem using the paradigm-breaking technique, it is important to:
- Valuable and novel thinking should be made for the observation in finding the problem in the organization.
- Unconventional thinking would help with modified ideas to address the right problem.
- Creative thinking requires high motivation level and persistent approach in addressing the problem.
- A vague idea of the existing problem may emerge in the start, that need to be addressed rightly for the creative problem solving (CPS). (McFadzean, 1998)
Paradigm is the changing or creative mindset of a person. Paradigm breaking techniques provide powerful and novel results in addressing the problems in an organization and for creative problem-solving. This technique involves creative people to work on. The active and questioning minds could work with paradigm-breaking techniques. (Ruggiero, 1991)
Munchiez is facing the challenges of limited staff of students, in the availability of students in duty timings, position for general manager etc. These problems could be addressed through the paradigm-breaking technique for the Munchiez. Through the drawings or pictorial illustrations, the important information for addressing the problems can be revealed in the paradigm-breaking techniques. The present and future images of Munchiez can also be used to represent organizational development. A lot of expressions exist for the paradigm-breaking technique. The stimulus that the picture will develop, will help the individuals to link or address the problem in the organization. The following picture will help to better understand the paradigm braking technique. (McFadzean, 2000)
The continuum of creativity in the paradigm-breaking technique can be summarized as:
|Boundaries of problem||Broken|
|Stimulation for creativity||High|
|Creativity Problem-Solving Technique (example)||Rich pictures, Wishful thinking, Stimulation of picture, Collage etc.|
This table is an adaption from McFadzean (1999) (McFadzean, 2000)
From studying and pondering in detail about the role of creativity in the sustainability and problem solving of a learning or entrepreneur organization, we could recommend or conclude the enlisted points for the Munchiez.
- The environment for the working of an organization or business keeps on changing and it demands change and innovation.
- An organization can sustain itself only through the process of creativity and evolution.
- Creativity is the main factor that brings change and innovative ideas in the working of individuals and the processing of the organization.
- Creativity plays a vital role in a learning organization such as Munchiez where it empowers the strengths and abilities of the individual to work better for the success of the company.
- Creativity should be incorporated in all the areas of the Munchiez. It encourages new ideas and working processes to combat competitive factors.
- Creativity is also an essential factor in the problem-solving process in an organization. Creative problem solving (CPS) could be incorporated in addressing the right problem in Munchiez and then focusing on their solutions in the best possible way.
- Paradigm breaking techniques are the incorporation of creative problem solving (CPS). The pictorial demonstration or diagrammatical illustration of Munchiez will lead to addressing the main problem existing in the organization. And could be solved in a better way.
Hence for the innovative working and success of the Munchiez, creativity is the main factor involved. The world is changing at a high pace in every field. Thus, to compete in the market and for better outcomes and profit we need to make changes. To tackle the current challenges and deficit in Munchiez, creativity in all departments of the organization and for problem-solving will help the organization.
Carl Adams, D. A., 2003. Dangers inherent in the use of. Information Technology & People, 16(2), pp. 203-234.
Florian Kretschmer, G. N. G. S. T. E., 2018. Participation as a Key Aspect for Establishing Wastewater as a Source of Renewable Energy. Energies, 11(11), p. DOI: 10.3390/en11113232.
Lozano, R., 2014. Creativity and Organizational Learning as Means to Foster Sustainability. Sustainable Development, 22(3), p. DOI: 10.1002/sd.540.
McFadzean, E., 1998. Enhancing creative thinking within organisations. Management Decision, pp. 309-315.
McFadzean, E., 2000. Techniques to enhance creative thinking. Team Performance Management: An International Journal, 6(3/4), pp. 62-72.
Miri, F., Shahabi, N. & Asadipour, E., 2019. RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN LEARNING ORGANIZATION AND CREATIVITY IN TEACHING HOSPITALS. International Transaction Journal of Engineering, Management, & Applied Sciences & Technologies, pp. 1-6.
Ruggiero, V., 1991. The Art of Thinking. New York, NY: HarperCollins Publishers.
Role of Creativity in problem-solving and sustainability of an organization
Table of Contents:
- Creativity and its importance in a learning organization
- Paradigm- breaking techniques used for addressing particular organizational problems